Call for papers! A conference on individual’s right to safe public places
CRIME AND FEAR IN PUBLIC PLACES:
A CONFERENCE ON INDIVIDUAL’S RIGHT TO SAFE PUBLIC PLACES
17th & 18th October 2018
Crime and fear in public places: Patterns, challenges and actions
17-18 October 2018, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden
This interdisciplinary forum challenges the dichotomy between women’s and men’s safety by offering 2 days of discussions about individual’s right to safe public places in national and international contexts. The first day focuses on trends and patterns, country-specific ‘infrastructures’ dealing with victimisation and perceived safety and the second day is devoted to what is needed to promote change.
- Liz Kelly, London, Metropolitan University, UK
- Juma Assiago, Global Coordinator of the Safer Cities Programme at UN-Habitat
- ElsaMarie D’silva, SafeCity Initiative, India
- Anastasia Loukaitou-Sideris,UCLA , USA
- Reza Arjmand, Lund University, Sweden
- Katja Grillner, KTH, Sweden
- Zozan Inci, Roks, the National Organisation for Women’s Shelters, Sweden
- Fionna Gray, Durham University, UK
- Anna Möller, Emergency Clinic for Rape Victims, SÖS, Sweden
Abstract submission: 1st May to 16th September 2018.
Registration: 1st May to 12th October 2018.
The conference is free of charge but registration is mandatory.If for any reason you cannot attend, please let us know by 8th October 2018. You will be charged a ‘now-show’-fee (SEK 1000) if you registrered to the conference and do not attend.
Registration & abstract submission
For now, we have one registration portal only. If you are not presenting in the conference, please register yourself by adding your contact details below (skip the abstract box and title of the presentation). Thank you!